- Having maintenance done on your heating and cooling equipment once a year by a certified hvac technician can help you to save on your energy costs and keep your manufacturer warrantees active.
- Change your air filter regularly to help improve air quality and help your furnace operate efficiently.
- Change your thermostat batteries regularly.
- Keep snow and debris for collecting around your high efficiency unit’s outside vent.
- Remove your floor vents and vacuum out the ducts; clear debris/small toys from your registers.
- If you smell a burning smell that does not go away after you change the filter on your forced air furnace, call your heating and cooling company.
- Keep your dryer vent clear of snow and debris also.
- Keep the area around you furnace clean and free from obstructions.
- Call your utility company if you smell gas.